Table of Contents for Telepopulism
Introduction: The Union of Media and Politics in Israel
The Emergence of "Mediapolitik"
- The Media Revolution of the 1990s
- Television and Popular Culture
- The Political Revolution of the 1990s
- The History of Media-Politics Relations in Israel
- The Fusionist Character of "Mediapolitik"
- Israel's Media-Centered Democracy
- Symbolic Politics
- Populism and Neopopulism
- Netanyahu's Media Strategy
- The Characteristics of Israeli Telepopulism
- Netanyahu's War Against the Media
PART THREECommunitarianism and the Alternative Media
- Minority Media in a Sectorial Society
- Will the Pubic Sphere Survive?
Conclusion: "Mediapolitik" and the Future of Democracy