SALES AND MARKETING ASSISTANT
Stanford University Press is seeking an enthusiastic Sales and Marketing assistant with a love of interesting books. This entry-level position is perfect for someone looking to get into publishing and will provide exposure to a wide variety of sales and marketing activities. The position reports to the Sales and Exhibits manager.
- Assist in the creation of sales materials for new and forthcoming books
- Serve as a liaison with bookstores and private customers
- Work with authors with events and special sales
- help to organize exhibits for academic conferences across the country
- Occasional travel to academic conferences or local book festivals.
- Make marketing flyers using Adobe InDesign
- Answer phones and email to serve as a resource on general inquiries
- A demonstrated interest in publishing and a passion for books.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office and database software and email applications.
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
To apply please submit a resume, cover letter and application form here.