Book Production Assistant
Stanford University Press is looking for a Book Production Assistant to support the planning and execution of the print production process. This position is initially remote until we can safely return to our offices in Redwood City, CA.
- Coordinate reprints process.
- Evaluate and convert image files for print production.
- Communicate with press staff both verbally and in writing regarding updates and modifications.
- Take responsibility for the manufacturing and prepress with both internal press and outside vendors.
- Maintain schedules, create a variety of purchase orders, and fully coordinate the final manufacturing phase of the production process through to fulfillment of deliverables to the warehouse.
- Provide administrative support for the department.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of current and traditional book manufacturing processes, terminology, and software: Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with current office technology: Word, Excel, Filemaker.
Other Relevant Knowledge, Skills and Abilities May Include:
- Experience with Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Two years’ experience in publishing and/or related degree is preferred.
- Book publishing experience would be ideal.
For more information and to apply to the position, click here.